Wednesday, June 22, 2011

essie nail polish

I have a slight obsession with Essie nail polish. I don't mean to cheat on OPI, but the Essie people have done a really good job of branding their product in a way that makes me think it's more my style. No matter the color. Even the bottles themselves seem to have a more youthful, fun look. Now that summer has officially started, [even though the thermometers here in Texas have been telling us it's been summer for a while now] why not paint your nails fun colors? I worry slightly about using colors too far out of the normal spectrum since I work in a pretty conservative environment, but there are ways to still have fun with it. So, tonight - 'In Stitches'. Next week - 'French Affair'? 

[My collection of Essie colors so far. 'In Stitches' closest to camera.]

One of the blogs I follow and look up to, Cupcakes and Cashmere (might have had some influence on my title choice...), had a post this week that also involved Essie. 'Mint Candy Apple' was her color choice. Sadly, not one I'd probably try during a work week, but still fun nonetheless. And the glitter detail on the one finger is something I've recently decided I need in my life.

 ['Mint Candy Apple' chosen by Cupcakes and Cashmere.]

No comments:

Post a Comment