Thursday, August 25, 2011

first polyvore set.

friday night dinner


friday night dinner by chelseajordan featuring straight jeans

Decided to share the fruits of my new found obsession with Polyvore. I've heard about the site for a while around Twitter and some other blogs, but didn't ever check it out for myself. Finally, I caved and am very glad/a little worried that I did. It's slightly similar to Pinterest, in that you can collect a bunch of things from different sites in one place. But with Polyvore, you can basically build virtual outfits or just do a little dream styling. Now, this "set" contains a few items from places I've never heard of, which kind of defeats the purpose. I'm hoping as I learn more about the site, I can work towards only building sets with items from stores I actually shop at or that are at least on the same continent. But for now, it's just fun. I call this my 'Friday Night Dinner' outfit. If you know me and a little about my personal style, you know I stick to a pretty muted color palette and classic staples. This set stays pretty true to that with a few fun elements thrown in. Who knows, maybe this site will help me branch out and be able to try new things.

1. Reiss blazer - $370 
2. H&M scarf - $2.99 (euro) hm.com
3. Agent Ninetynine long tank top - $30 generalpants.com
4. Nordstrom necklace $68 nordstrom.com
5. Essie nail polish 'Sew Psyched' - $8 ulta.com
6. Dolce Vita pumps - $170 heels.com
7. J Brand jeans - $274 coggles.com
8. Tory Burch magnetic clutch - $142 (euro, again) theoutnet.com

As you can see, since some items are listed in Euros on websites I've never heard of, I have a lot to work on. But as an overall set - I like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment