Monday, August 22, 2011

three things.

 [Fresh flowers and a fresh scent.]
[Fishtail braid.]
 [Rocky road fudge.]

Just a few things that made my week/weekend enjoyable. I love fresh flowers. I just wish I could find more varieties for a reasonable price. The only place I've even seen peonies, sells them for $6 a stem. No joke. So for now - Costco it is. I keep seeing everywhere that fishtail braids are back. I honestly did not remember how to do it. I'm actually not sure I ever did, since I was lucky enough to have two older sisters that didn't mind helping a girl out. So this video was a lifesaver. And finally, the fudge. This fudge will change your life. I grew up going to a place called Mackinac Island (pronounced Mackinaw) in Michigan. It's the cutest place you'll ever see. There are NO cars (except emergency vehicles), only bikes and horse drawn carriages. And the entire island is about 8 miles in circumference - pretty tiny. The biggest draw though, is the Grand Hotel. Ever heard of 'Somewhere in Time'? The movie with Medicine Woman (Jane Seymour) and Superman (Christopher Reeve)? It was filmed here. But anyways, the hotel transports visitors back to another time period. With lavish grounds and immaculately decorated rooms, it's pretty incredible. There's a dress code for certain times of day and the five course dinner is an experience in itself. But even if you're not staying overnight, Mackinac Island is a great place for a day trip as well. It has a fun little downtown area, where JoAnn's Fudge is located. There are marble counters on one side of the shop where the fudge is made right in front of you and cases of the incredible creations on the other side. Anyways, my parents now have a place up in Michigan and were up there a few weeks ago and took the trip over to the island a couple of times. Hence, my yummy treat. Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment