Wednesday, July 27, 2011

horseshoe bay.

On Saturday of this past weekend, I drove out to Horseshoe Bay to hang out with my friend Kelsie and some other friends that drove down from Dallas for the weekend. They stayed at the Marriott at Horseshoe Bay, which is really nice. I have heard about Horseshoe Bay, but had never actually been. It’s just a little bit outside of Marble Falls – home of the famous Bluebonnet CafĂ©. Their pies are to die for. And the pot roast. Oh man, I might need to go out there soon and do a post on that. Moving on – like I said, I had never been to Horseshoe Bay, so I really didn’t know what to expect or have any expectations. I don’t think it would have mattered either way, because I thought it was a great place. We went over to another side of the resort to a pool that was right by the lake where there was also a little beach area and steps to get into the lake. Besides the $11 Pina Colada and the major sunburn on my neck/shoulder, it was a really good, relaxing day. Kelsie’s mom (my 2nd mom, her aunt and her cousin were also out there, so it was definitely a girls’ weekend. My kind of fun Saturday. I didn’t get my camera out too much, since I was a little worried about spilled drinks and large bodies of water, but I still got some fun shots. Check back later for a post about a few of my favorite things – this time, my obsession with the number three. Intrigued, aren’t you?

[Oh, Lulu.]

[Kelsie and Kristen.]

[Obviously related.]

[The girls.]

[Cannon balls.]

No comments:

Post a Comment