Thursday, July 28, 2011

number three.

Does anyone else out there have a favorite number? Better yet, does anyone have a slight obsession with a number? Because I do. I’m not actually sure when it started, but for as long as I can remember, my favorite number has been the number three. I can remember playing the “I’m thinking of a number…” game and ALWAYS choosing three. At the time, I wasn’t really thinking of the context of the actual number. As I got older and started thinking about it, the number three became a lot more special to me. There are three girls in my family and I am the third child – the baby (as I’m reminded, quite often). Not only that, but my mom is the baby of three in her family as well. My grandma is also the baby of her family, but there were more than three. Still, I like the pattern. So my favorite number has become a special number and I’ve begun incorporating it into all different aspects of my life, just for fun. Here are some examples of things I’ve incorporated into my apartment:

 [Throw pillow.]

[Spray painted #3 used in a collage.]

Most recently, I stumbled upon something that is just too perfect for words. While perusing some of the blogs I read daily, I came across a favorite blog list on one of my favorite blogs. I started clicking on a few just to see what some of them were like. I’m pretty sure it was fate that I clicked on this one. This blog was talking about something called CODE rings. Of course, the one pictured on the blog was a #4, but I clicked on the link to the website just the same. Hoping. To my delight, they also have a #3. I think it is just precious. I’ve never been one for flashy jewelry, so the simplicity stood out first. I am, however, a sucker for meaningful jewelry. I’ve worn the same James Avery ring every day since June 20, 2003 when my sister gave it to me at the rehearsal dinner the night before her wedding. I’ve also worn the Tiffany’s ‘C’ she gave me for my high school graduation in 2006, religiously. Case in point – I think I’m going to start saving up for this little number (pun definitely intended). Anyone else have a quirky obsession with a number? Or any sort of collection?
[I want.]

[My little flower.]

No comments:

Post a Comment