Sunday, July 3, 2011

weekend so far.

Yay for long weekends! I know I love them. In fact, I have a 3 day weekend happening right now, then a 3 day week, followed by a 4 day weekend (in San Diego no less) and a 4 day week to follow that. I feel like I've had a pretty productive weekend already. Friday evening I treated myself to a pedicure and started a new book (trust me, this is my idea of a perfect Friday night). Saturday I finally was able to purchase the camera I wanted online and picked it up in the store (too impatient at this point to wait 4-5 business days). I'm loving it already. Of course, I'm probably doing it a great disservice right now by using it on auto mode, but I really am planning on learning as much as possible about it to be able to take it off of auto and use the manual mode like a big girl. Anyways, after I picked up the camera, we went to lunch at Manny's Uptown Kitchen, which is in the same parking lot as the Best Buy we went to. I had a reuben and H had the tuna melt. Look for another post on this. Saturday evening, we went to a Round Rock Express game at the Dell Diamond then downtown to Third Base so that the boys could watch the end of the UFC fight. Which, by the way, this MMA fighting stuff is just crazy. The things these guys subject their bodies to is ridiculous. Sunday morning, I got locked into watching the Casey Anthony trial, which is also ridiculous, then met H for brunch at Iron Cactus before he headed off to work. This place knows how to do brunch. Bottomless mimosas and an extensive buffet? Yes, please. More to come later. Now that I have a satisfied stomach, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my weekend (or maybe just a nap). Hope everyone has a safe 4th of July.

[The book that started the idea for this blog.] 

[My Friday night indulgence.] 

[Patiently letting me use him as a subject for camera practice.
Check out those baby blues.] 

[Round Rock Express game.] 

[My 1st plate at brunch - Iron Cactus.] 

[Invitation to H's sister's wedding in SD next weekend.]

No comments:

Post a Comment