Saturday, July 30, 2011

sparkle nails.


[Essie - 'French Affair' and OPI - 'Bring on the Bling'.]

I decided I needed some pep in my step after this week. I feel like I’ve been going non-stop all week, so when I got home from work yesterday, I sat myself down and painted my nails. I’ve been seeing all over, this new thing with painting one nail a different color than the rest – specifically one nail in sparkles. I have all of these fun OPI sparkle colors that my friend, Tricia, gave me for my birthday last year. Ahh, that reminds me of what fun my birthday was last year. Tricia’s other present was that she flew out from Orange County for the weekend – something I didn’t know she had planned until she showed up outside my dressing room in Madewell. I’ll have to post the video later. Complete shock. Needless to say, I wasn’t expecting another present after that, but in true Tricia form, she had a lovely box with an incredible homemade bow waiting for me as well. We had talked about these OPI sparkle colors a few days before and I was so excited to see she had found them. As I’ve mentioned before, I try to dress on the conservative side for work, so I haven’t used these fun colors very often. But I figured this might be the perfect opportunity. Just enough of a hint to be fun, but not so overpowering that it ends up being the only thing my boss looks at. That and I decided to do it on a Friday, so a large part of the time it’ll be on will be during the weekend. I know, I’m way over-thinking this. Welcome to my life.


I think it’s a pretty fun alternative to a normal manicure – especially during the summer. As I mentioned here, why not take advantage of some fun summer colors? What do you think? Would you do it?

Oh, and I also got to see my favorite girl last night. We had a really fun dinner at Maggianos with my sister and brother-in-law. And now have leftovers for days. Yum. Hope everyone has a great weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment